Most of the dolls and information captured here; came by searching the web, attending antique and collectible shows, and by getting in touch with other collectors. Most bobbing head collectors and dealers are very friendly and helpful. Just "asking a question" is the best way to learn.
- Tim Hunter's book. "Bobbing Head Dolls 1960-2000", Krause Publications, Iola, WI. (pg. 5-8, 95-108) - published in 2000. He also wrote the article "Factory Imperfections Common in Older Bobbers", for the White's Guide to Collecting Figures Magazine June 1999 (pg. 100). Price information on dolls & boxes and info on plastic "Gold Base" prototype dolls.
- Lou Criscione's book "Warman's BOBBING HEAD Field Guide" which was published in 2005. Lou helped with information on "DECAL & Body FLAWS" and grading of dolls. He also had information on the New York Islanders bank. Lou can be contacted at "Sharlou28@Aol.com" . Lou also has a great web site where he auctions bobbing head dolls and other great sports collectibles. Check it out at= Inside The Park Collectibles
- Frank Parrella. I would like to thank my good friend & bobbing head collector for helping me search for bobbing head patents on the Japanese patent website. He also helped me create my "Restoration Services" document
- Mats Lindkvist from SWEDEN for the pictures of his DIF doll, info on the SSK doll & for locating Swedish dolls for my collection.
- John Brey. Check out his very informative web site on composition baseball and football bobbing heads: Nodder Exchange
- Stephen Ward. Employee of the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, Canada. Photo of Chicago Blackhawks Blinker that is on display in the Hockey Hall Of Fame.
- Larry Fox. "Oh, You Beautiful Doll". Hockey Illustrated Magazine March 1965. (pg. 20-23).
- Carl & Maryanne Laron for information on some of the dolls and pictures.
- DR. Carl Giden, President National Section of the Swedish Icehockey Historical and Statistical Society, for information on the AIK, FBK & Tre Kronor Swedish hockey teams.
- EBAY - photos like the Toronto Maple leafs Blinker
- "Hockey Pictorial Magazine" (various years & issues) for ads selling hockey bobbing head dolls
- National Hockey League game programs for various ads selling hockey bobbing head dolls
Finally, I would like to express my love and thanks to my wife , Barbara, who made my original website a reality in August of 2001. Needing a project for her "Introduction to Web Design" class, she decided to use my Bobbing Heads. It quickly turned into a joint project and she taught me a little software writing along the way. She did a wonderful job and put up with all my changes.